View Single Post
Old November 12, 2012, 01:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

^I'd like to see how he does against better bowlers under significantly greater pressure brought on by International cricket. I doubt we'll see anything different but he won't survive the way he did in the NCL against an International attack. Sporting wickets outside this country will simply murder him. As much as I like him as a person and his honesty and hard work, I won't put my money on him and he knows it.

Temperament alone doesn't do much when poor technique and ability get exposed at the highest level. I believe that the NCL, while providing the opportunity for some to improve their temperament, is a league where you actually get worse as a cricketer because you constantly get away with things that will finish you off at the highest level against better players and under more challenging physical and psychological conditions.

That's why I'd love to see players with genuine ability and potential develop their game at the highest level. That has worked with some like Mashrafe, Shakib, Tamim, Rubel and to a lesser extent, Mushfiq. It didn't with Ashraful, Aftab, Nafees Iqbal, Rokon, Alok, Zunaed, Dhiman and Imrul. Some less talented players like Riyad and Nasir also got better at the higher level, while Nazza!, Rocky, Shahriar Nafees, Jahurul and many others didn't. I'm comfortable with trying out new players to see what works over a reasonable period of time.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; November 12, 2012 at 04:26 AM..