View Single Post
Old November 14, 2012, 03:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Yeah it's just one match but that actually gives you the indication of sort of form he is in. Look at his bowling in the NCL, he was worst among all the spinners played those innings. He couldn't manage to get more than 2 wickets there, even those 2 wickets must have been a gift from the batsmen and see he was the same with the ball in the real match. Ineffective and expensive at times. So I'm not hopeful about his batting either as he showed the glimpse of what sort of mindset he is in. So don't expect too much from him. Let's just pray and hope that he will help us to avoid the follow on first. Porerta pore dekha jabe. I hope he plays session by session and just be patient to survive. I will be more than happy if he survives till lunch break, don't care whether he scores a 100 or not.
In the DPL season before the Asia Cup. Didn't Mushy and Mahmudullah average a 50 while Shakib averaged a 20? And didn't Jahurul average much higher then Tamim. So Asia Cup time comes and what happened? Both Shakib and Tamim scored 4 50's and Mushy, Mahmudullah, and Jahurul played well once but then failed big time the other times. Domestic cricket is not international cricket. So we shouldn't look too much in to the domestic statistic. They are not a very good indicator of a player's form.