View Single Post
Old November 15, 2012, 12:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
My predicted BD total is 450 and I hope we get that. We may very well fall a little short, and it would be criminal to not pass 400 on this highway. That being said, Narine is struggling perhaps because he's been great at limited overs cricket, but hasn't faced batsman who know how to play spin. Running through NZ on helpful tracks isn't the greatest evidence. In fact Permaul seems far more impressive and is turning the ball a lot more. Having Roach in the side might have been an upgrade in numbers over Best, but the last time Roach played a Test here, his figures were even worse than Best's. Tamim's blitz means that Roach likely would have born the brunt of it yet again. In fact, Best and Edwards are probably more suited to take wickets against Bangladesh on Bangladeshi tracks because they both have good short balls. This is why Rampaul was successful last year, and once again this year.
Well firstly Narine has performed in india against the best asian batsmen, he's dazzled Tendulker, Kholi, Mahalah, Dhoni, Raina etc, and it wasn't just a matter of it being a limited overs game, in all cases they had no clue how to deal with him, now he's bowling on a complete road and facing batsmen who are barely playing shots, so of course it's gonna be tough, be warned though, the more overs he bowls the better he gets, if anyone is gonna turn this game on it's head it's him imo,

As for Roach, i think with all due respect your notion of him is outdated, we played Australia earlier this year after he had a shocking period in tests which included that Bang game you mentioned, and vs Australia he looked back to his best and ended up taking a 10fer, in that series he got the most wickets and hasn't looked back since, getting wickets vs England and then NZ, and lets be honest those two teams batting line-ups are better than Bangs,

As for the game, we're gonna need to come out blazing in this second session, break this partnership and it could collapse quickly, i guess we'll have to wait and see!! .