View Single Post
Old November 20, 2012, 08:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I agree that NCL stats haven't been total flukes. Naeem and Gazi are recent examples of that.

Watching Nazim bat though, I just don't see him succeeding. I'd really love to be proven wrong though.

I agree with you on raising the quality of the pitches in the NCL in order to have a better competition.
i think when it comes to NCL stats the batting stats seem to be more accurate than the bowling stats i.e. the successful and consistent batsmen in the NCL are starting to show to be the more successful ones in international cricket to (naeem, tamim, rahim in the last DPL, shakib, nasir). i think it's clear the batting standard in the NCL is improving, it's still got a way to go but it's starting to show that the batsmen as an overall are improving and we can start to trust NCL stats a little more.

bowling wise it's a lot more difficult. there are a lot of bowlers in the NCL with great stats, but not many of them make good international bowlers, especially the pacers.