View Single Post
Old November 24, 2012, 02:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I know what you're saying bhai but we can't compare our players with India's. our batsmen are lucky to be scoring 50's and the occasional 100 whereas India's batsmen score 50's regularly and score far more 100's than we do. The standards are much different for us.

I said in this in the other thread. When we have other top order batsmen scoring more than Tamim then I'm sure we'll see a far more focused Tamim than the 1 we have now. As long as we have Nazzas and Mofeeses in the top order, we'll continue to see Tamim play the way he does.

Obviously it's a bad attitude to have but what do you expect when he's already one of the best ever batsmen to play for us at the age of 24/25? That's why we need our standards to continue to go up.
You can see now why former BCB President Kamal dropped Tamim in the 1st place because he could see for himself that Tamim was in poor form. Tamim doesn't seem to understand that Bangladesh are a 'weak' team not an Australian team or whatever. Yes his attitude is hard to change but that's why selectors need to be 'strict' on their selections and that includes threatening to remove their best players. The team comes first not the individuals but we all know selectors have their 'favourites' which on most occasions doesn't go to plan