View Single Post
Old November 24, 2012, 02:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AB de Villiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Who would you replace him with? The whole team is in a funk, why pick one of the few batsman who has a solid technique, temperament, and ability to play strokes? Is he the new Ash?

We need to pick the strongest available team, even if that means 4 debutants. I won't criticize the selectors for picking SN and Junaid because I myself would have picked them. But now its clear. Anamul should have been brought in long ago, and probably Hom too given how he's just rotting at NCL level.

Tamim is out of form, but still essential to this team. Shakib, Nasir, Rahim, and now even Riyad, Rubel, Gazi, and Abul (pacer all-rounder) are automatic selections. That leaves 3 positions open. Second pacer, an opener, and a #3. Anamul fills the #3 solution, what about the other two?

I say bring in Soumya Sarker and let him learn on the fly like Tamim. He is a talent and we must gamble. Gozimuddin tozimuddin won't cut it. The 2nd pacer can be Nazmul, or even bring in Elias/Enam and play 3 spinners. SS can share the new ball.
Well put, but I think if Mushy is to play in the test team, he should only be there as a batsman. He should not be the captain and the keeper....it's proving too much for this fella. I say give Dhiman a chance at keeping and let Musky earn his spot as a batsman.