View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 12:54 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Wait what? We're playing real life cricket here - not EA cricket - so yes, you do have to take facts into account. Which all rounder bowls around 50+ overs almost every now and then and yet is expected to save match single handedly? Even Watto had such a period where he got out in 90s and he doesn't even bowl that much. Besides teams like Aus & SA can afford to rest or not bowl Kallis/Watto. You have to play Shak to be even in the damn ground without forfeiting the match. Why do you even bring Afridi? He sucks in every department now and is about to get kicked out for good.

And LOL@accusing me of being a blind fan. I have criticized Shak all over this thread. And I never said that he's above criticism.
See. I only accused you for this particular instance. I have seen you here for a long time and know that when he doesn't perform, you'll be here to show your anger and vent your frustration but I don't agree with your view regarding yesterday's last over performance.

And, I'm not bringing Afridi. I just gave an example. Clearly, that guy couldn't handle both batting and bowling and focused on bowling. And I'd like to point out one more thing, you on the other hand are comparing Shakib to Watson and Kallis. Is it not because of bowling 10 overs in an ODI and nearly 50 overs a match getting wickets and coming on to bat at 4/5 and getting runs that got him the no.1 all rounder spot? So why are you complaining? Because as far as my cricketing knowledge goes, Watson and Kallis are miles ahead of Shakib when it comes to batting. It's just that their respective teams don't depend on their bowling. So why can't Shakib be unique and bowl 50 overs get 4/5 wickets and come out to bat to save our a**es? Because that is what got him recognition. And he is happy to to do that. He doesn't cry about it.