View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 09:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I see a lot of people want Zia in the side. I know what your thought process is. We need a big hitter down the order. I wasn't too impressed though with Zia after I watched him against NZ. I know it's 1 match but the guy's technique got really exposed against quality bowling in that match and it made me wonder, does this guy have what it takes to be successful in international cricket? He seems to be limited in his reportoire as well which would expose him even more for ODI's which requires a wide array of shots. I know Pollard is successful despite not having a wide array of shots but he's a freak of a talent. I don't think Zia is on Pollard's level in terms of talent.

I think we should give a look at Jahurul down the order. He has a much better technique and has a much wider array of shots compared to Zia. Shuvagata is also another player we need to look back at. Again a much more complete batsman compared to Zia and is a clean hitter of the ball. Plus he bats down the order in domestics so he would be accustomed to that role compared to Jahurul. Shabbir is also another we need to take a big look at. I know this was a while ago but the composure he showed against Afghanistan in a pressure situation was impressive. He also has a good technique and is clean timer of the ball. And what's great about him is the fact that he's a leg spinner which should draw attention. It would give us variety in our bowling. Finally, Alauddin looks to be a much better bowler compared to Zia and also has 2 centuries to his name compared to Zia's 0. So he looks to be a guy that has the temperament required for the game plus he was rated highly by Academy coaches as a big time talent with the bat.

So I feel there are many other options we could look at besides going back to Zia. 1 of these guys should've been taken instead of Naeem.