View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 11:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
While NCL might not be the barometer of success, I am sure A-team tours and HP tours will be more up to the standard. I think Anamul is probably ready but let the rest do the hard yards in various competitions before we bring them in. It is more important for Fast bowlers to do the hard yards in FC games to strengthen their body as well. Two days out in the field, which seems to be our fate will surely break them down in Test matches.

While we prepare these pipeline players the temporary option is the stick with the mediocre players from the NCL. We will lose the games but we might also secure a better future.
I'd totally agree with you had we scheduled enough A team cricket where the teams were not haphazardly put together as always. Such A Team cricket would definitely be an excellent place to prepare young players with genuine ability for the highest level. Sadly, that sort of A Team cricket is not what we've done to date, and I don't see us doing it anytime soon.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; November 26, 2012 at 02:43 AM..