View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 11:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Ok lots of people thinks it would have been better if it was a spin friendly pitch. May be you are right but last time when they prepared a spin friendly pitch against Pakistan, they couldn't even post 100 runs on the board. So it's a double edged sword. Our batsmen struggles even on a flat pitch then what makes you think they will survive on a bowling friendly pitch? May be that's negative thinking but had they all gone all out for a below par score the same people would come and complain about the pitch.

Anyways our bowlers should learn how to get wickets even on a flat pitch. If you are smart and know how to outfox the opposition then you can take wickets even on a flat pitch. Seems like our bowlers never bowls with a plan to certain batsman. They only planned for Gayle in this series and they were successful. I think they don't do enough homework on the opposition batsmen's style or weaknesses. Mirpur pitch is always flat and we play a significant amount of matches here so batsmen should know how to post 500 on a flat track and the bowlers should learn how to survive here. Of course I'm not against preparing a spin friendly pitch but given the poor techniques of our batsmen I don't think that would be wise atm.