View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I know we need to have more consistent players to do well as a team, but that doesn't mean that Shakib will get a free ride for being stupid, being the best. Then how is he different than others? It's not that he has done those things once.... He is doing those stupidity repeatedly..

I'm not comparing him with other players of the team... If you have to compare with other dumb players who has been dumped already to justify him doing it, then how is he different and why he shouldn't receive the same criticism?? Then how does he deserve so much of respect like comparing him with Kallis and Sobers, if he is just a better donkey by your logic...

We expect him to be doing what other best players in the game do, whom we like to compare with him...but if you are happy that he is better than Ash and SN etc...then I'm sorry, he is just a better donkey...and no need to defend him...he gets enough in return by being a little better than other donkeys...
Did he ever claim he is different? or Did he ask the fans to compare him with Kallis and Sobers. Even I was annoyed at such unnecessary comparison. He rather said he is not a world class player yet. Where does this comparison come from anyway? What's wrong in being a better donkey in a donkey full of team

Bring in some real tigers then may be you will see him to be a better tiger. Shotshonge shorgobash, oshotshonge shorbonash !!! Remember he was asking for more competition in the team and how that will bring the best out of everyone !!!

I've no problem with criticism. I think I was the one here who have been continuously criticizing his bowling since the Asia Cup but people were saying not to worry he will come back strongly and he did. But some fans certainly don't like him and don't even appreciate his good efforts ever. Seems like you just wait when he'll fail so that you can come back and point your finger at him. onekta "90 paiso to ki hoise 100 to r pao nai" or Shewag style "20 ta wicket to r nite pare nai" . That's where my problem is. Constructive criticism is always good and helps the player but overlooking all his good work and blaming him for every single loss and calling him selfish will certainly not help. I think people who can't appreciate has no right to criticize.