View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 04:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I said that overuse of a young bowler, because he's better than others at the time, creates a higher risk of injury especially on our flat track. I also said that once they get injured, their age becomes a factor, at least with regards psychosomatic impact of the injury. I didn't say that a fast bowler would get injured because he's young. I strongly feel that young prospects like Taskin and Rabbi need someone like Ian Pont to guide them into excellence while teaching them how to prevent injury, before they come into the national team. That, in short is my risk management assertion when it comes to young fast bowlers in Bangladesh.
Agreed on all your other points...and ideally, our pacers should be injury free given they are selected properly. Taskin to me doesn't seem to be a limited overs bowler - not now at least. So he should only play the handful of Tests we play each year. He could still get injured, but thats a risk we have to take. That would certainly not be overuse, in my book.

However knowing the BCB, if Taskin as any success or even shows a glimmer of possible success in one format, he will be forced into starting in all other formats a la Shafiul and Razzak. Even then, I don't expect him to get an IPL or BBL contract, so he shouldn't be too overworked. I mean we play realistically what, 5 Tests, 15 ODIs, and 3 T20s a year?

Shakib is injured and he is neither young (24) nor a pacer. Overbowled for sure. But I doubt he'd have been injured had he just bowled for Bangladesh and not KKR in two tourneys, county cricket, BPL, etc.

So I agree with you. Btw, no Taskin in your XV? Or is this just currently?

#OneTeam1Dream