View Single Post
Old November 27, 2012, 03:42 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
But Coach, isn' it the same everywhere ?? You want them, they dont want you, yet. So you have to sell your product/service to them.

You want to branch out your Coaching Center business in Bangladesh, which remains a very lucrative untapped market for your product. You want to be here first, its very understandable. You have to be passionate to do well what you do. But, just because they dont want it from YOU, doesn't mean they are wrong either.

I dont know Coach. If it was me and I've been trying for a while without being successful, rather than blaming those I've approached and claiming they are wrong, I'd start to look if there is something wrong from my side. If it was me, I'd start to re-evaluate the whole approach and see where it is going wrong.

Infact Bangladesh isn't the only country where it's not going right for you. Your application for the role of Pakistan Bowling Coach was also rejected by PCB.

May be these prospective sponsors, let it be Tommy Miah or GP or Beximco, are not putting enough faith on you to invest their money with ! They might have good enough reasons of their own.
Interesting tone of your post. By implication you suggest I am complaining, criticising others for not selecting me and also having a dig at my approach.

So let me clear bhai:

1. I was responding to questions people asked me about what had happened or why I wasn't pushing myself forward for coaching roles.

2. The PCB appointment of bowling coach was always set out to be a local. I knew this ahead but I was asked to apply for a different reason.

3. It may well be my fault that Bangladesh (in particular) is rejecting me or not responding to me. It might be the fact I spoke out about the BPL money. But I am not about to sit back and say nothing when people do things wrong and totally unprofessionally.

4. I actually care about developing players and it is NOT about branching out on my coaching business. You have no idea about me. My proposal was to help set up a Bangladeshi run and Bangladeshi trained coaching system, that would rival MRF in India

5. JF's coaching role was advertised when he was visiting his dying father in the UK after they had agreed a new contract and the President shook his hand. So no.. it ISN'T the same everywhere. Minimum professional courtesy says you communicate with other professionals and not ignore them totally or don't respond when you say you will. You either don't live in BD or have any dealing with how business works in BD sometimes

6. It might well be that those people do not put faith in me and that's fine. Everyone is allowed an opinion and they need to be certain they are getting the right people for the right roles. I don't see evidence of that previously though

7. I am not claiming they are wrong and blaming others. I am pointing out that my role is in solutions for the very problems that are being suffered. Sadly no amount of navel gazing on the amount of those in authority will ever get this resolved.

8. Just because I am not in the frame doesn't mean others are wrong.

Let me finish by saying that most projects in life don't come to fruition. It is rare that others have the same vision and purpose as you. When you find them it turns out to be a perfect match and success is made. I am not fazed by being 'rejected' as you put it and not about to go off crying in some corner. That's in fact why i am here still.

My point is, and remains, there is enough information about how to start solving the issues in Bangladesh Cricket. I cannot force anyone to call or email. But I was responding to those who asked me why don't I do something.... and I have tried.

I can accept I have failings and, as you rather cruelly try to suggest, it might well be all down to me in some way. But then again that would be typical of those in positions of authority not accepting blame when they are making all the decisions.

Last edited by Ian Pont; November 27, 2012 at 04:15 AM..