View Single Post
Old November 27, 2012, 04:40 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar89
"Barely" beating England was the biggest thrill for me and JF personally. We worked our **** off to get the guys up for that match.. and it was a 'must win' game. I guess Jamie Siddon did not work his *** off, Thanks coach Ian and JF for work *** off, Poor Siddon.

Why that era is celebrated is that the results were rare. People had something GENUINE to cheer about. It wasn't all about Shakib or Tamim. It was about Razzak, Ryad, Rubel, Shafiul, Naeem, Shuvo and others. People stepped up and made contributions. are you sure about this coach, was Shakib not the captain, was he not the leading wicket taker and run scorer?

Yes JS did too... as did Nasu, Grant, Michael Henry, catering staff, coach driver, bag man, masseuse etc etc etc we all did, I was referring to JF and me being English and enjoying that special win.

SAH was the leading wkt and runs.. i didn't say he wasn't. He was world number 1 and u expect that. I said it wasn't ALL about him and others made great contributions.

Last edited by Ian Pont; November 27, 2012 at 05:37 AM..