View Single Post
Old November 28, 2012, 10:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
This ties into what I was saying in a thread not long ago about how Bangladeshis (and other browns - Indians, Pakistanis, Filippinos, etc) are treated like slaves in the UAE/Gulf. Cue the not-so-covert racism towards Arabs for being racist towards us! The US and Europe would never do such a thing (but to be fair, the UAE would also never invade the Czech Republic to plunder their **** stars and force the regime to be more Islamocratic) so we shouted rabidly in that thread. No, just the US and European consumers who shop at Walmart and TJ Maxx and thereby directly facilitate and even encourage the "safety" standards that led to this fire. Al Furqaan is just as guilty as the rest of you...I'd only shop at the cheapest vendors just like everyone else, but maybe I can sleep at night because I understand both the futility of championing the rights of the downtrodden and the fact that I'm just as blameworthy.

Looks like now Bangladeshis treat Bangladeshis like slaves. Couple that with bizarre order from the honorable PM to international aid groups to cease assisting Rohingya refugees, conveniently forgetting that she and 10 million of her compatriots ducked and ran across the border as refugees when the Paksters came a root-toot-shootin'.

Morale of the story: never underestimate our pathologic need to be hypocrites.
A very concocted logic to be honest.... Are you trying to legitimise the Arabs treatment of SA workers by saying everyone does wrong?? Thats what it sounds like.

While cost is impacted by workers wages, it is hardly impacted by creating multiple exits on the premise or on few mins of training provided to workers. And the main motive for Governement not letting Rohingyas is the fact that Jamaat recruit them to build a stronghold in the south. The Rohingya link to both Jamaat and Ramu incident is well documented.