View Single Post
Old November 30, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Really? I came out pretty depressed. Could be the nerves, but he looked uncomfortable at the start and as so many have already noted, his front foot is glued. We would have been toast if we had been chasing 280, and no, it wouldn't have been his fault only. Tamim is miles ahead of him in terms of ability and talent and the difference was brutally apparent.

I know this was his first game and I know Tamim was a blind slogger when he started and I know he got the job done, but for all the hype surrounding him, he didn't look any more than ordinary.
I see where your coming from bhai. That's why we probably should wait until he plays about 5-10 games before we start making more judgements on him. We still are not sure if he was tentative because it was his 1st game or he always bats like that.

Also I think his nonexistent footwork could come from the bad habits of playing in the NCL, where our pitches are dead. I feel it can be fixed with proper coaching and more experience against quality bowlers and pitches at the international level.

Last edited by Tiger444; November 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM..