View Single Post
Old December 1, 2012, 10:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Remember, we still had about 10 overs left for the match yesterday.... So I think, we don't need to do anything radically different than what we have done yesterday, to chase a target upto 300. We only need the guys coming @ 6/7/8 to be able to score @ a bit healthier...or start stepping up the RR after 35 overs onwards... And if Tamim stays longer, then the others need to do the same thing that they did yesterday... To chase down 300+
Banfan bhai, while our 6/7 batsmen at important, our 1-4 batsmen also have to set the tone. If Naeem plays the way he did the 1st match while he chase a big target, we'll most likely lose. He had 50 dot balls out of the 79 he played which is a 62% dot ball percentage.

Obviously, you have to also watch the match to completely understand what happened during the match and its was quite clear that Naeem could've easily placed the ball in to the gaps and pick up the ones. Instead, he was blocking most of the deliveries with a dead bat. Those are runs he could've easily had. He would've ended up with a score that would be much more sufficient without taking much risk. That's still the big knock I have on Naeem for ODI's and that's why I'm far from being sold on him. I know Tamim also plays a lot of dot balls as well which is something he needs to work on but when he bats, there are far less open spaces in the field compared to when the middle order batsmen bat. On top of that, Tamim can make his SR up with his boundary hitting ability which I don't see Naeem doing.