View Single Post
Old December 2, 2012, 08:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Given the expectations and hype surrounding him, I think this is the best ODI century ever by a Bangladeshi new comer. The way he paced his innings, with such versatility and composure, was a sight to behold. Despite what critics may say, I felt this was a 260-270 run pitch, and the way he constructed his innings, he kept the team in the hunt for that target all along.

Even if we had lost the match, it would've been unfair to claim that the batsmen had left something on the table. Rather it would've been due to the bowlers not doing their job properly. We shouldn't put extra burden on the batsmen's shoulders like Indians do simply because the bowlers aren't good enough. We're not there yet although i'd like to believe some day we'll get there.

Going back to Anamul, I'm curious if anyone has ever carried the bat through the innings in an ODI as this kid almost did. Another thing I really liked - he seemed not only mentally prepared, but also physically fit. He did not look tired at all even towards the end of the innings whereas most of our batsmen start tiring out once they're in their 70s. He still needs to improve his footwork. Once that's sorted out he'll be ready for a hall of fame career in front of him.