View Single Post
Old December 4, 2012, 04:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
If I were to create a timeline I would stop at Ash and start a new point from Shakib and onwards. Obviously Asaad wouldn't do that cause he is a diehard Ashraful fan.
Its more about the team than individuals although I agree some individuals have enough ability and innate "talunt" to warrant accomodation - up to a point and Ashraful was certainly one of those if he isn't anymore.

That being said, the eras I chose haven't been exact, but have been approximations mainly because I don't have all the dates memorized but I do know the general chronology of things. So now I'll explain.

The first era is from the beginning of test status up until our 2004 ZIM tour where we won a match for the first time. The second era is that time until the end of 07 world cup. The period after that is Ashraful-Siddons (and later Shakib) era. The NZ Tigerwash hasn't been attributed to either Siddons or Shakib not to sleight one or both men but to create a new era where Bangladesh demonstrated the ability to a) win a series against a G8 side, b) put together a string of victories against a G8 side c) win without a major player (Tamim and Mashrafee) in the side.

Bangladesh doesn't need Tamim to win, Bangladesh doesn't need Shakib to win either.