View Single Post
Old December 4, 2012, 04:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
If I were to create a timeline I would stop at Ash and start a new point from Shakib and onwards. Obviously Asaad wouldn't do that cause he is a diehard Ashraful fan.
Its more about the team than individuals although I agree some individuals have enough ability and innate "talunt" to warrant accomodation - up to a point and Ashraful was certainly one of those if he isn't anymore.

That being said, the eras I chose haven't been exact, but have been approximations mainly because I don't have all the dates memorized but I do know the general chronology of things. So now I'll explain.

The first era is from the beginning of test status up until our 2004 ZIM tour where we won a match for the first time. The second era is that time until the end of 07 world cup. The period after that is Ashraful-Siddons (and later Shakib) era. The NZ Tigerwash hasn't been attributed to either Siddons or Shakib not to sleight one or both men but to create a new era where Bangladesh demonstrated the ability to a) win a series against a G8 side, b) put together a string of victories against a G8 side c) win without a major player (Tamim and Mashrafee) in the side.

Bangladesh doesn't need Tamim to win, Bangladesh doesn't need Shakib to win either.
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.