View Single Post
Old December 6, 2012, 06:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
I cant see why Mushy-Rubel getting blamed here. Its true match was gone at that Rubel's last 24 conceding over. Poor bowling offcourse, But it was pure slog by Marlon, who played a grand match winning innings tonight for WIndies.
Rubel was brought at 41st over for second spell while he conceded 11 from earlier two overs. Then he has given runs next three over spell in this way- 4runs at 41st, 3runs at 43rd and then 24runs at 45th. How Mushy could ever guess Rubel gonna bowl badly after playing resonably good four overs! Fact is Bangladesh was allways lacking 20-30 odd runs from start and Marlon's century makes it look like easy, which wouldnt be that easy, if BD managed to cross 250+ mark.
It was very poor captaincy from Mushy. Rubel is not to blame. The whole blame should go to Mushy.

Let me put few points about it.

• Our pacers are never good in bowling slog overs. I hardly can remember any instance when they bowled well in the death overs.
  • The asking rate was around 6 runs per over only. Pace bowling always has the risk of giving free runs in the death overs by genuine edge or mistimed shots.
  • West Indians are good players of pace. They were struggling against spin bowling. Even part timers like Mominul was giving the batsmen tough time. There is no point in taking risks with pace bowling.
  • Shohag had 1 over left, Riyad had 1 and Naeem had 5 overs left. It was hard against to hit against the spin. There was some good chance that if Samuels tried to hit against spin he would have gone OUT by mistiming.
It is basically lack of common sense. Mushy is to blame here for not using common sense.

Last edited by WarWolf; December 7, 2012 at 04:26 AM..