View Single Post
Old December 9, 2012, 04:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

You don't get the real picture unless you are actually in the stadium to see it with your own eyes. There are certain things that cameras don't pick up and the heavy dew was one of them. I've taken some pictures, but it hardly shows the amount of dew and limited visibility on the ground.

Not only our boys batted really well, but that limited visibility helped us too. There have been few times when the fielder could not pick the ball when it was in the air which saved us wickets, once I remember that of Mushfiq in the fine leg boundary which, if the fielder could have spotted the ball well,would have been an easy catch for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRICINFO
Russell to Mushfiqur Rahim, FOUR, short again and he has pulled it over for a four! it was not too well hit, was a top-edge and carries to the fielder at fine-leg, the fielder there, Powell, was a few yards in front of the boundary and it goes over him but does not go for a six!
We were sitting on the Shaheed Mushtaq Gallery (Southern end) and could hardly see the gallery on the northern end. Seriously !! Everytime the ball was in the air, specially after 7pm-ish, you would lose track of the white ball amidst the white flood light and the hazy dew. Infact, the crucial couple of boundaries that Shohag Gazi hit charging Permaul down the wicket over mid on, we only saw the ball leaving the bat, and all looked at mid on but wasnt sure whether it was four or six cuz we could not follow the ball !!

I think day night matches should be arranged, but the time should be brought forward.
12.30-8.30 would probably give it a better balance for both the teams.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]