View Single Post
Old December 10, 2012, 03:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

I don't really understand all the hate on Tamim right now. Yes, he did not put away the full tosses as he should have, but that's not because he wasn't trying. Honestly, him and Riyad just didn't have the timing today. And his comment saying that if he and Riyad couldn't chase it, no one could...I don't really think it was such a big deal. They were both set batsmen and great strikers of the ball and it would have been difficult for the other batsmen of the team to just come into the middle and start hitting sixes from the word go. Riyad is the most inform batsmen at the moment, and Tamim is the best striker of the ball in Bangladesh. Based on that, I agree with his statement.

He's still a young guy and I hope he continues to improve his batting. He's got a chance to be one of the best, but I just hope he doesn't get complacent. He definitely needs to improve his fitness, and needs to improve his running between the wickets. A lot of those singles we took today could have been 2's, and when you lose by 18 runs, that makes the difference.