View Single Post
Old December 11, 2012, 01:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

^"Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark." - Tagore, may GOD rest his great soul in peace.

I choose to keep the faith and do the best I can. I believe things will get a little better for our children, and then our grandchildren and so on InshAllah as long as we know in our hearts that we must do better.

I grew up in a Bangladesh far worse than it is today for most of our people. Islamist and military genocide, widespread poverty, illiteracy and mass starvation in a bottomless basket economy, BAKSAL/Zia/Ershad's criminal betrayal of the Spirit of 1971, alleged war criminals becoming ministers and party leaders, and most importantly, even less opportunity for our majority to pursue their dreams and take better care of their families.

Things may suck now, but they're not nearly as brutal as they were for most of our people back then.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)