Thread: Pace Pipeline
View Single Post
Old December 19, 2012, 09:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Well they have Malinga in the shorter formats. Despite all his injuries and trouble he can still bowl over 140 kph with ease. Not like the Indian bowlers who start at 140+ and settle at 130-135. Yes they could do with quick bowler for the longer format.

But worldwide there seems to be a dearth of genuine quicks atm. Pakistan surprisingly doesnt have an express bowler. South Africa and Australian have fast bowlers, but who are not exactly in the Shoaib Akhter, Brett Lee, Shaun Tait mold. West Indies, England, New Zealand, none of them have someone who can bang it in over 145.

I still remember Mashrafe bowling against Zimbabwe when he started off. He was pounding it in between 140-145 kph. Zimbabwean batsmen really didnt know what hit them. They were getting beaten by bounce, pace. The ball was also hitting them on their thigh, leg causing discomfort. I also vaguely remember Shahadat had the same impact in the Under 19 WC. He was used as the third seamer, and he was really harassing batsmen with his bounce and pace. This type of bowling will get the respect of the best of batsmen. We could really do with someone like that.
Our pacers short term burst from U19 to early twenties and failing to retain the stamina and other criteria of pace bowling will always be a concern till so many things are fixed to nurture a pace bowler. Sadly, nothing is happening and I see the trend will continue with the Rubel, Shafiul and now the pipeline ones Taskin, Abul and others. Wish Mashrafee does something once he retires to revive his next generations. Unfortunately the board and adminstrators' lack of qualification does not give any hope besides individual player's contribution like I mentioned about Mash. He can do something like Pilot, Imrul and Rajin doing.