View Single Post
Old December 29, 2012, 12:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Shakibrulz,
I just wonder if you have followed much of Rafiques career or early day Bangladesh in Test -before the likes of Shakib hit the scene. I doubt it! If you go by stats alone then Rubel shouldnt be anywhere near a Test match. But, people who understand cricket or have played cricket knows his true potential. I would suggest you temper your opinions with a little bit of modesty and better understanding of the game. I dont intend to be mean as I usually like your posts.

Barry Richards only played about 4/5 Tests. Would it be a crime to speculate whether he would have been or could have been an all time Test great had he played more Test? More recently Tino Best had outstanding wicket hauls against a very decent BD side. Going by stats alone that would make him much better bowler than Edwards, Roach or Rampaul. Stats always dont tell one the whole story. Better understanding of the game and its history, particular era, playing context of certain country or its players, weakness/strength of oppositions played against etc all has to be taken into account for a more educated and balanced evaluation or speculation. Aunt Sally and educated speculation shouldnt be mistaken as the same.