View Single Post
Old December 29, 2012, 05:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Abul looks crap then - and he'll get picked for his 100
What do they see in him that I don't? Pacewise he's OK, erratic, can't move it much either. Why did he get picked exactly?
Not Enough...??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
^^
Steady Shakibrulz! Steady!

Pace bowlers come at a premium. Specially, here in the sub-continent. Abul is just 20 and still raw. But has pace...that is the main ingredient. What I have seen of him he has the ability to move the ball. Of course, he is no sultan of swing. But, at pace a little bit of swing is more than enough. In time, hopefully, he will master the line and length. You have to be patient with pacers...they usually peak in their mid-20s. Also, we dont excatly know if he was beating the bat regulary or catches dropped off his bowlings by just looking at the scorecards. Abul should have picked up at least 3 Test wickets from the last series. But, sloppy fielding or "catching" deprived him of that. Stats dont reflect these things most of the time.

I think we have a little diamond in the rough in Abul -if handled and managed properly. Of course, bulk of the work has to be done by himself. So, paciencio por favor!
... ...We don't have much options and need to Manage him well.... Don't know how much helpful SJ will be helpful in that...