View Single Post
Old January 7, 2013, 10:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Default 7 Year old Son beaten to death over Quran reading

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20596854

Quote:
A mother who beat her seven-year-old son "like a dog" when he failed to memorise passages of the Koran has been found guilty of his murder.

Sara Ege, 33, beat Yaseen Ege to death at their home in Pontcanna, Cardiff, in July 2010 and set fire to his body.

She was also found guilty of perverting the course of justice at Cardiff Crown Court. Sentence was adjourned.

The boy's father, Yousuf Ege, 38, was acquitted of causing Yaseen's death by failing to protect him.

Yaseen Ege was beaten to death by his mother, who then set fire to his body
It was initially thought Yaseen had died in the blaze at the family home but tests later revealed he had died hours earlier.

His mother had pleaded not guilty to his murder and claimed her husband was responsible for Yaseen's death.

The sad thing is, Im not surprised by this story. For many muslim communties (including Bengali) in the UK are very extreme in their conservative views. Beating Children (not spanking or the odd slap, but actual severe beating) is still a common accepted form of punishment. It doesnt stop at Child abuse, there's forced marriage (rape), unequal opportunities for women etc