Effects of the PCB-BCB beef.
Regardless of who started it (PCB by attempting to blackmail Lotus, and Lotus for accepting it with open arms), how does this effect each side. Some Pak fans and a few on BC think the negative effects affect BCB more. Lets count them.
- misses PAK contracted players for all domestic leagues
- possible slight loss of revenue as a result
- no bilateral series between PAK and BD
- faces possible player discontent over lost incomes
- PSL cannot afford to fail otherwise PCB will come under fire
- exposed for trying to pressure/bully/force BD to tour when they didn't want to
- exposed for being petty with tit for tat reactions
- exposed for lying by saying they were "unaware" of BCB's NOC request
- still not any closer to reviving international cricket
- embarassment of being led on by a "minnow" board
Unless, I missed anything, it seems PCB came away with not only a bloody nose but a few broken bones as well.
Cricket cannot live with the mistaken belief that people want to see big hits. People like to see goals, but no one is talking of moving the goalposts a metre wider either side. (Harsha Bhogle)