View Single Post
Old February 11, 2013, 12:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
And I would expect NZ to do MUCH better in BD this time. They just beat SA at home.

Taylor's back, Ronchi won't be around much IMO - he's already 30+. Same with Dan, who's near the end of his career.
We throttled a better NZ with Taylor, Vettori, Southee, and Ryder who's been out of the side for a while now. 2 of the games were blow outs. The NZ side that won in SA was much weaker than the one that was swept 4-0 in 2010. That side ended up in the WC semis just a few months later. You have to remember that SA don't take ODIs very seriously - probably why they choke every WC - and their only decent bowler in the format Morkel only played 1 game in that series. NZ will find it tougher to face spin in Bangladesh than extreme pace in SA. On top of that, out of the trio of BD, NZ, WI...its actually BD that has the best record against G8 sides in the past couple of years.

That being said, I too expect NZ to be a much tougher opponent come October-November. I hope we can get another 5 match ODI series if not 3 Tests. If so, then I expect a 3-2 or 4-1 win to BD this time around.

#OneTeam1Dream