View Single Post
Old February 12, 2013, 08:07 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Let me get this straight. You are saying i cannot overuse the 10 yrs of cricket and many matches(in short: experience) to undermine him for his lack of runs but it is okay for you to defend him using the same reason by saying that an experienced player in form is any day better than a newcomer?

If I am guilty of using his experience to undermine him then you are equally guilty of using experience to oversell his real value as a cricketer right now. There is no doubt he was an asset when we had no one to bank on but lets ask ourselves what is the value of Experience? In my view it is the enhanced understanding of match situation, enhanced ability to absorb pressure and refined stroke-play and enhanced tactical know-how that makes a player's experience so valuable. That's why the Hussey's, Misbah, Smith, Jayawardene are so highly regarded in the team. In case of Ashraful none of those development have taken place. Do you see any difference between the Ashraful crash bang wallop innings against England in 2005 and this BPL century?
bhai bad den..ager 10 bochorer kotha bola jabena but bochore akta century marle ota niye nachanachi kora jayez