View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013, 03:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Even though there are quite a few fast bowlers around right now but i don't get the same thrill watching these guys as i did watching Wasim, Waqar, Mcgrath, Donald, Bond, Shoaib, Lee, Ambrose, Walsh etc. In recent memory, Kevin Petersen vs Australian attack in 2005 ashes, and the duel of Tendulkar vs Steyn in India's tour of South Africa comes to memory as a real duel between bat and ball. I don't know if i am simply being old or the bowling (apart from SA) has become more generic and lacking in craftsmanship these days. It seems that players of the calibre of Clarke and Amla have no real competition from the bowlers where as we had many batters of similar caliber or higher during the late nineties who didn't find run scoring this easy.

Maybe i am just being old
No its not just you. I feel sorry for all the young cricket followers. Those who started watching in the 90's saw the best bowlers, batsmen, spinners. I used to support Australia in the late 90's and early 2000's. Loved watching McGrath and Lee. And now they open with McKay!