BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

From the BCB:

BANGLADESH IN SRI LANKA 2013

'Consistent cricket is the target' - Mushfiqur Rahim

Galle, Thursday, 07 March 2013

TEAM UPDATE: Bangladesh Captain Mushfiqur Rahim at the pre-Test series presser:

On the challenge ahead

Sri Lanka are a strong side both in batting and bowling and it would have been ideal if we had been at full strength. Unfortunately we lost a couple of key players but that’s the way it goes. The new players who have come in are showing their talent. Over the last three, four months they have been performing very well especially in the series against the West Indies and in the BPL. So they are in good touch. If the young players fire alongside the experienced players then I think we are going to have a competitive series.
We have more performers in the team now so that gives me added confidence.

The absence of Shakib Al Hasan

He has been a huge player for us and we are going to miss him. He has been our top performer over the last few years. But injuries happen and we did win the ODI series against the West Indies without Shakib so I am hopeful with the players who have come in as replacements. They have done a wonderful job against the West Indies and I am expecting the same here. It is also an opportunity for them to showcase their talent against a good team.

Tamim Iqbal’s wrist injury situation

He received the injury during the BPL but he is recovering well. Let’s see how it goes. He is not hundred percent yet but am optimistic that he will be able to play tomorrow.

Suggestions for Angelo Matthews who debuts as a Test captaincy tomorrow

I don’t have any suggestions really. He is a fine cricketer and a great thinker. I had the opportunity to play alongside him in the last SLPL and we have played against each other at Under 19 level also. It is always a pleasure to play against a great talent like him and hopefully we’ll have a good competition and fight on the field.
It is the ultimate dream for any cricketer to captain his country in Test cricket. Congratulations to him. He has been doing really well in the other two formats and I wish him the very best in Test cricket also.

Target in the Test series

Obviously to play consistent cricket. Against the West Indies in our last series we played well for three or four days maybe but could not sustain the effort. We need to try and play every session well over the entire duration of a match. If we can do that then the end result will be a positive one.

On the prospect of facing Rangana Herath

Obviously he is their main wicket taker. We play a lot of left-arm spinners in Bangladesh and they all are different. Herath also poses a different challenge.