View Single Post
Old March 9, 2013, 10:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Wait, what?

When did Arbeloa tell that? Please give a source or don't make up stories.

I think the Red Card was justified. Not only did he go with his studs up, which is considered dangerous and often results in a FK, but when Nani was air-bourne, it's clearly visible that he went in and pushed his studs further against Arbeloa (his intent looked bad). The linesman had a clear view near the touch line. I think it was a fair decision. Could have gone either way, but to make such a brave call in a big match, kudos to the ref!
Jose Mourinho said in post match interview arbeloa told him that nani didnt see him coming, meaning it was accidental.

Quote from the Law book

'A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play. Using excessive force means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force'

I dont see how nani kicked out at arbeloa 'clearly visible that he went in and pushed his studs further against Arbeloa' completely disagree with that, he saw him at the last second, no chance to pull out, also there is no excessice force, he was trying to control a 50/50 ball in midfield, like he often does.

That was never a red card, no excessive force no brutality, it was a Madrid free kick and yellow card for Nani.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4ZqUYQ__1I

Frame by Frame replay, there was no malicious intent, no brutality at all, his foot moved forward at the end because his whole body momentum was going forward.