View Single Post
Old March 13, 2013, 10:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
riyad is a decent player but his problem is he struggles to play up the order and everyone up the order are playing well. thus he is relegated to #8, which he is doing a fine job at, but if the selectors want to go with an extra bowler or a better gloveman (if there is one) then riyad's spot in the team becomes a question mark. if you had to drop one batter from the current team (including shakib) who would it be? mominul got a 50 on debut, ash just got 190, mushy 200, nasir 100, shakib is quality and riyad clearly has trouble batting higher as his stats show, therefore if a batsman is to be dropped it should be riyad. if he performed up the order when he played there then you would drop mominul but he doesn't.
I'd actually drop Mominul instead of Riyad. He might have not scored well when he was up the order but it doesn't change the fact that he has come in, in tough situations and perform. Plus he's far more experienced and provides versatility with his batting and owning skills. He has a 40 odd average in bowling which is not Shakib good but that's still pretty good. Not everyone can be Shakib.

Mominul's still really young and even though he's looked good at times, he's also been nervy. Again that's a sign of a young batsman. Bring him in slowly and I think he'll become better but in the mean time, Riyad gets my vote when Shakib gets back.