View Single Post
Old March 14, 2013, 12:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahidnyc
i understand its a global comparison , but the fact is we not talking about global we r talking about bangladesh , show me how many players in bangladesh averaging more than 30 in 85 odi matches probbaly 2 or 3 , and u talking about test where riyad has been batted always late at the order where he found himself with lower order batsman and end of the day he had to throw his wicket away bcz he was running out of partner , but still averge more than 30 which only few bangladesh player achieved in test , i guranteed if he didnt bat at # 8 and didnt had to throw his wicket away than his average wouldbeen by now 40 + trust me , he have fitness he have the guts , he is strong to hit sixes lyk what no other bangladesh player can do , but i can tell his only problem is less confidence on himself , but when gets out that trust me noone can stop him insha Allah
well he's batted between 4-7 in 10 innings, batted at #8 for 16 innings. you're saying he has to throw his wicket away batting at #8 yet he has performed much better there. when he's batted higher than #8 and he's been given time to score runs and not throw away his wicket he's hasn't done well at all (averaging). he clearly bats much better in the #8 position than he does higher up the order. 10 innings is a decent amount of innings to see how a player goes in that role. he scored his century batting at #8.