Thread: Disappointing
View Single Post
Old March 20, 2013, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun
I am disappointed.

I won't buy the "beating SL in SL is tough" talk for this Test series. The pitches were made in such a way that it neutralized whatever advantage SL has had. They applied themselves more than us and this is where it was lost. Bar Sangakkara, Dilshan and Herath, the other players who made up their XI had almost the same Test experience. We should be disappointed with the result.
Buddy while i agree on your views on application or rather the lack of it i dont agree about the experience factor.

The test experience may be similar, but you have to understand these Sri Lankan players have a lot more first class experience, and their first class is a league above ours. Karunaratne might be only playing his 6th test match but he has close to 50 first class caps with an average close to 45. Chandimal, Thirimane also have similar experience, except Chandimal averages around 57 in first class.

Dont get me wrong the likes of Mominul, Anamul are talented. But they havent played the same volume and quality of cricket as the Sri Lankan newcomers have.

While in ODI's, T20's this difference in experience may not show, it will become clear in the longer version.