View Single Post
Old March 30, 2013, 01:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Shillingford and Marlon Samuels harassed Zimbabwe with their off spin. Shillingford picked up 19 in the 2 test matches and Samuels 10.

Of course the wickets there aided spinners, the same cant be said about the wickets in Zimbabwe. But without any doubt their confidence will be low against spin. Also must be said their batsmen showed very poor technique, footwork.

If Shakib plays then we will have 3 spinners in him, Gazi and Enamul. But what if Shakib isnt fit? Important we bring in a third spinner. Sunny was absolutely out of sorts so shouldnt be an option. Do the Bangladeshi selectors have the guts to call up Mosharraf? Or will they think the traditional way and pack the squad with useless seamers? Even if they pick up Mosharraf i guess we will play 2 pacers and 2 spinners as we will want 6 batsmen+ Mushfiq. But with Shakib the option for spin bowling increases
We're lucky to have an off spinner of some quality in Gazi given how Shillingford and Samuels basically went postal. I hope that Nasir gets to turn his arm over some in that light, and also to ease Shakib's (and Gazi's) burden. He can be a quality spinner. We don't need more than 2 pacers, and I'd go with Nazmul and Robiul.

#OneTeam1Dream