View Single Post
Old April 1, 2013, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
ohohoho! Buddy, just be glad you aren't a member at BC! When Nasir wins you games "it's a team plan sort of," but when you... ugggh!! I hope now the management hits back. They should point out his brainless "bowling changes" or lack of it!
Where did Mushy say it was a team win after the 3rd ODI? Here are some excerpts from Mushy's press-con after that game:

"I would still call it a calculative chase because we took risks and lost some wickets, but in the end we had one guy holding things together."

"Hats off to Nasir," Mushfiqur said. "I firmly believe that he can break all batting records in the Bangladesh team if he continues in this vein. He has played really well. He does well when the team needs him to score. It is his most important trait."

-----------------------------------------
No doubt Mushy's infatuation with big fast bowlers, no matter how crap they are, is costing us big time. If he has finally realised this and is prepared to move on and select bowlers on merit then that is a big positive from this tour. Nazmul is a must for all formats. Robiul has earned another Test series. Rubel seems to have lost it altogether and Abul needs to play a lot more A-team cricket before coming back into the team. In the meantime, these are the pacers who should be considered according to the different formats:
Tests: Nazmul, Robiul, Shafiul, Rubel, Abul
ODIs: Mashrafe, Nazmul, Shafiul, Taskin
T20Is: Nazmul, Mashrafe, Taskin, Shafiul