View Single Post
Old April 8, 2013, 10:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Brother... irrespective, you have to admit that these guys are playing politics in the name of Religion and Allah.... I find that wrong and as a much more devoted individual than myself, I think u should too.

You dont hurt women, injure and kill policeman, destroy property and create terror in the name of Allah... Believe what you may, but that is exactly what is being done at the moment.

You love your country, than you would demand justice for crimes against humanity committed against a nation during its liberation. Its not playing politics instead it is just the right thing to do.
We don't know who has what level of personal devotion...we all have our own vices and battle our own demons.

At any rate, I never said they aren't playing politics. Everyone is playing the same game. Shob aak.

I can admit all of what you have said, but if you don't similarly admit that hurting women, and injuring policemen, damaging property and picking on minorities is monopolized by ALL major political parties in Bangladesh (and all other 3rd world nations), then it does no good.

That being said, there is nothing within "secularism" that should exclude a law that metes out fines and/or jail terms for people who denigrate a majority or minority religion. Key word, denigrate as opposed to saying "I don't believe ____". Even a decent criticism of religion should be allowed. Key word being decent.

But "nastiks" are quite against legislation that would criminalize such denigration of religion.

Personally, I wouldn't trust Hefazat-Jamaat, BNP, or AL with any so called "blasphemy law" because it would merely be used to muzzle political opponents. So in specific case of Bangladesh, I'm actually against a "blasphemy law". But in theory its just a ban on hate speech.

#OneTeam1Dream