View Single Post
Old April 22, 2013, 09:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
fortunately Shahadat is now out of equation.

Ziaur Rahman is now in the equation.

Shafiul may not be able to play the Tests, he may play ODI's

well, i know what everybody feels of shahadat. even i know how wayward and erratic he can be, and how he has single handedly lost games for us. Even i criticized why he was in the squad, but now i am picking him for team. the only reason i picked him as because he was the only one available at the squad. so i just though for a chance.

rubel was consistently bowling length which he should not have bowled. with shahadat he can bowl anywhere. even if he bowls 5 bad balls still he may bowl one good ball. and in between all those poor and balls he can deliver some good balls and take wickets.

and with the conditions in harare, felt with the help from pitch shahadat could be a wicket taker. because in a mix of those good, bad and poor balls shahadat has the knack of producing those unplayable wicket taking balls.

well shahadat is back now and i hope in future until we are going to visit a country where there is chance of green top pitches and other pacers are fit, shahadat is not picked anymore. and seriously, he should never be picked for limited over games.
I see your justification but still I think you are over rating him in his *attacking* mindset and over estimating his wicket taking ability. Just having Lord's fifer doesn't change what has happened throughout his career. I don't have the stats but I think his SR in test is also don bradmansque. Also his attitude is his worst enemy. It doesn't show that he takes it seriously that he is given so many opportunities despite taking away so many wins from this team.