View Single Post
Old April 30, 2013, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Zimbabwe have been fined for maintaining a slow over-rate during the second Test against Bangladesh in Harare. They were found to be three overs behind the required over rate.

As a result, the Zimbabwe captain Brendan Taylor was docked 60% of his match fees, and the rest of the players lost 30%. According to the rules, every over short warrants a 10% fine, with double that percentage for the captain.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ry/633162.html

Really harsh on Taylor. He barely gets enough money as it is, never mind getting docked 60% of his match fee.
Really feel for sorry for the Zim players. After all this is more than cricket for them; this is their bread earner unlike our contracted players who get healthy paycheck on a monthly basis.

Under the circumstance I would say Zim cricketers are performing much better than what our players would have if they were not paid well. I know it hasn't been too long where BD players faced similar financial condition but we all remember how poor their showing were. I am glad that era is behind us.