View Single Post
Old May 9, 2013, 07:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashan83
Has BD Improved since it got the Test Status:- Yes

Has BD improved performances and now matches are much more competitive:- Yes

Has playing Tests with the Big 6 teams (Though very few in Number) helped BD improve:- Yes

Is BD as a Test Nation being forced to play Test against India, Aus or Eng:- No

Is it improving at a pace that was intended:- Sadly No

Will Ireland or Kenya have improved at a better rate if they got Test Status:- Highly Debatable and no according to me

So how is BD as a test nation affecting. It rather has helped BD improve as a team. If the question is Test Status, I think more teams should be introduced to Test Status. Maybe to keep Test Interesting, we need to keep a Multi Tier Test System. That should be debated and not Test Status of BD
I agree.

I dont see how Ireland and Afghanistan could have become a better team than BD if they received test status. Irish people dont buy cricket, and with a small population, they are unlikely to produce quality cricketers. As for afghanistan which has a good fanbase, they are still poor and the terrorist activities in Afghanistan means that it would be an unsuitable place for foreign cricketers to grow.

It irritates me when people keep saying: "Afghanistan are a better team". I have never seen Afghanistan team do well in any league or sort, and all their batsman are blind sloggers and they have plenty of Abuls in the fielding department. They played in 2 World T20s, failed in both of them. We on the other hand have beaten plenty of quality teams in ODIs in the last 2 years.