View Single Post
Old May 17, 2013, 08:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Gladiator,

I take issue with your post. You attempt to equate certain racist incidents and events to paint all Australians with the 'racist' epithet. That is unfair and misleading. While the Australians may have been more prejudiced and bigoted in their policies in the past, I am in Australia now in a society that is getting to grips with multiculturalism and it may be slow, but it is trying hard to shrug off its prejudices and racism. I don't deny that incidents happen often enough that portray the racism of certain people in Australia, but to imply that Australians in general are racist is wrong. It is hugely bigoted of you equally to try and stereotype Australia as a racist country.

Using your style of argument I'd be pretty justified saying "Islam is a religion of violence and terrorism"

And that Bangladesh is a country of "machli eating ganda people"
I thought we were speaking in relative terms? I said 'australians are pretty racist' Obviously Australia is not an apartheid state and things are improving all the time - australia is not the america of Martin Luther King.

The fact that thousands of people from the subcontinent are getting PR is yet more proof of this, but while overt displays of racism might be far and few, there is plenty of innuendo under the surface. I don't think I am alone in thinking australians compared to other 'western' nations are more racist at present, are they more tolerant than just about all their asian neighbours? Absolutely.

If you find my post bigoted ki aar kora. The whole premise of the thread was to point out nations that are racist - so I guess the thread itself is bigoted. We have multiple posters saying

Quote:
Banglatiger84

There is no way anyone is convincing me that Bangladesh is more racist than Ukraine or Belarus
So he is saying Ukrainians and Belorussians are racist - bigoted?

Quote:
mufi_02

Bangladeshis are racist in general. I am not denying that.
Bangladeshis are racist - bigoted?

Quote:
Dilscoop

How's South Africa or Australia not blinking red?

Quote:
al Furqaan

cuz Bengalis are pretty racist. But I don't believe that we're the most or 2nd most racist nation. I'm sure the Aussies and other white countries are up there.
and so on and so on...that's two posters other than myself(I believe they reside in the US, unlike myself - so more 'worldly' and possibly have a better world view to compare and contrast), who went out of their way to mention Australia.

We could all be wrong, after all apnara australian residents, but this is the perception worldwide along with crazy guys like the crocodile hunter rip