View Single Post
Old May 21, 2013, 09:46 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
A laptop for gaming is generally not a great idea. But I am personally biased towards the HP G6 series that sum1 mentioned a few posts up. I am using a G6-2103AX that came out Summer 2012, it has the AMD Fusion APU (CPU+GPU in one) and an additional discrete Radeon HD 7670M chip with 1 GB dedicated memory. Handles older games very well, and great when connected to my big screen TV and showing 1080p 3D Video, or just playing FSX. The HDMI signal is really clean (no signal loss) from this laptop, compared to my previous laptop with AMD Radeon HD 4250 that tends to do some clipping. The G6 cost me less than $500.

sum1's G6-2313AX has even better specs, the Quad Core A10 Apu at 2.3 GHz is gonna be awesome.

caveat: AMD cpus tend to run at a higher temperature so the fan runs a lot and it gets noisy. But the G6's are good value for everyday computing.

Frankly I dont think I'll ever buy another laptop ever again, this is probably the end of the generation. Next one will probably be a surface pro type tablet with a dock and a removable SSD. The only utility I get additionally from laptops/PCs is MS Office and that I can play the only 2 games that I ever play.... plus a little Photoshopping once in a while and some windows only programs that I occasionally need once in a while. That said I dont have any tablets because I can do everything I want or need on my PCs. A tablet is pretty superfluous when I have an iphone and wifey has a Galaxy Note II android phablet.
Thanks for the all these info. But HP G6-2313AX is not in sale in US. Its only available in some Indian sites and so I think it was released only for Asian markets.

You are right as laptops are not great for gaming. But I am looking to play old games (age of empires, other strategy games) on laptop so average specs will be able to handle that.

So far the confusion is, Intel i5 vs AMD , Intel Graphics Card performance.