View Single Post
Old May 21, 2013, 02:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Men in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Thanks for the all these info. But HP G6-2313AX is not in sale in US. Its only available in some Indian sites and so I think it was released only for Asian markets.

You are right as laptops are not great for gaming. But I am looking to play old games (age of empires, other strategy games) on laptop so average specs will be able to handle that.

So far the confusion is, Intel i5 vs AMD , Intel Graphics Card performance.
I agree with ammark. Gaming laptops tend to have some common drawbacks like battery backup, overheating, and being slightly on the heavier side. Unless you're into heavy gaming, its not always a good option to buy one. I never really used my laptop for heavy gaming (my desktop provides a much better experience in that even with less processing power and memory).

You mentioned age of empires. I had played aoe 3 on my old pentium core 2 duo laptop and it ran pretty smoothly as far as I can remember. So I believe even a ci3 laptop with a 4 GB RAM will be sufficient for that.

Regarding the graphics card performance, I think AMD (with dedicated radeon graphics) holds the advantage over Intel. But then again this advantage will only be clear in some 'special' cases and would not matter that much to an average user. In my case I went for AMD because it was priced lower than it's Ci5 counterparts with same configuration.