View Single Post
Old June 10, 2013, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
In an ideal world, yes it would've been better had we played a G8 team but do you see any of their windows open in the summer? The only team that's open in the summer is NZ but we're already playing them at home in the fall. It's better to play somebody rather than nobody.

Also your caring too much about our reputation. Who cares what other people will think? This tour would really help our players in the long run. They're conditions are much different than ours and our players can get great experience out of this tour. Isn't that a lot more important than caring about what people will think whether we lose or not? We're still a developing Test nation who have won only 4 Test matches in our history and still #9 in ODI's. Just because we have improved in recent times, doesn't mean we're "too good" to play anyone. We need to play on a regular basis if we want to keep improving.

As the saying goes, "beggars can't be choosers"
in my opinion its better to play NZ at their home in summer and play home at due schedule, I have no problem with this, majority of fans will prefer this over Ireland tour. Just because we are not good in Test does not mean playing ODI or T20 in Ireland will help Bangladesh improve at test level, the problem is deep. I have no objection if BCB can arrange a test or first class match against Ireland. I think it all come down to good management at BCB, and unfortunately we don't have any. However, I do like the new president and I hope soon he will realise.