View Single Post
Old June 24, 2013, 12:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Klusner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
But your numbers don't add up, remember for 2014 t20 wc, ICC mentioned they'll have 39 matches for men's event and 15 for women, the women's will just be like champions trophy format, but for men's, if u just include the quarterfinals and exclude knockout in qualifying rounds, the total number of fixtures are 39, just like how I've shown in my previous post. This would be the case if ICC sticks to its original format as BD and Zim want additional 'cross-over' matches which would make the total to 41. I have a feeling BD will escape this time around since they will ask for being included in round 2 itself due to being the host nation, ICC cannot afford to loose BD for main matches or else risk loosing a lot of revenues.
The number of matches might change by some number here to there. If they go for a quarter final after the Round 2, then it will be really stupid. A group of 5 and 4 teams make through, would make Round 2 a rubbish one. So I really don't think they will have QF coz of pressures of ESPN

And BD in Round 2 directly, I don't think they will do that. As long as big 3- Ind, Aus & Eng are well settled ICC don't give a rat's *** to anyone else