View Single Post
Old July 12, 2013, 11:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Well I stick to what I said before, clothed in a rubbish post, ie the EMOTIONAL qualities are important: play, enjoy, passion, love...etcetera all those "tuttyfrutiy" nebulous vague stuff.

I often mention us military here and I was once extremely surprised to see that snipers and marines mention that one of the qualities a good soldier must possess is inquisitiveness. I mean one doesn't actually equate creativity with frikkin sniping or push ups y'know.

I disagree with jeesh. Hard work without spirit or motivation will make you deadwood, and every day will seem like a chore.

Note, smartest players actually works least, but - well- smartest. Great players were also pioneers like Ranjitsingh, Larwood with bodyline, Mendis carom, Mushtaq's googly and what not.

khali ghadar moton roder niche khellei to aar hobe na, matha khatate hobe - jungel proverb

So back to the inquisitiveness, an athlete needs to apply his brain and find his own space (which Shakib's aloof nature hints) and be CURIOUS and constantly ask questions on improving his game. As I mentioned here, one should go to far away China if necessary.

Also jeesh, one doesn't usually target such records and milestones. They happen. Naturally. Spontaneously. Sure, everyone has his or her goals, but it's like saying: Agar went to crease with a half-c in mind, yesterday.