View Single Post
Old July 22, 2013, 07:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

pattinson out of the series now. hopefully jackson bird gets his shot now. rogers has been disappointing but i hope they stick with him for the rest of the series. i say just drop watson, unless he bats #7 and bowls more playing more as a bowling all rounder (but then may as well pick the likes of faulkner, henriques, maxwell, mitch marsh etc.

reckon they should be giving guys like cosgrove, rohrer, dave hussey, shaun marsh, ferguson etc a chance. otherwise if they are going for youth, pick the best ones which would be guys like joe burns etc.

have to say i like smith, chips in with ball, bat and fielding, has good talent in all 3 facets, has a good cricketing brain (potential future captain) and he seems to want it more than most.

also someone saying clarke might retire within 12 months, he made it known he didn't want to play into his late 30s, but also said he had a lot of goals to achieve. he has back injuries as well which could push him to early retirement.