View Single Post
Old September 18, 2013, 08:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Thanks KP bhai for the compliment. I believe that for the most part the squad has picked itself thanks to some good performances by some of the players. The selectors should not have a tough time picking a squad.

So here is the squad for the 1st Test that we'll most likely see

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Naeem
4. Riyad
5. Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Nasir
8. Gazi
9. Razzak/Enamul
10. Robiul
11. Al-Amin
12. Rubel
13. Zia
14. Mominul

I'd say the selectors will have to make a choice between Enamul or Razzak. Elias has a slight chance but don't see him beating Razzak or Enamul. They could take both Enam and Raz but I'd rather have whoever missing out in the playing XI to be playing in domestics rather than just sit on the bench. We already lack quality bowlers in domestics and if we take both out, then it'll hurt the quality of the DPL big time. So just pick 1 of the 2.

The other tough decision will be between Mominul and Marshall. Ideally both should've been able to make it but since Riyad is the VC, one will have to miss out and it is likely Marshall that'll have to get snubbed once again. Mominul has been good in his chances in Tests and also has done well in the A team and domestic circuits. So he should be able to make it.

Rest of the players should be able to make it comfortably.